1) What shall I wear to the class?
You can use any comfortable clothing you would normally use to exercise in and socks.
2) Will I have a space to change my clothes?
Yes, we have changing rooms available at the studio. You will however need to take your personal items with you into the studio room.
3) I can’t commit to regular classes, what shall I do?
We are trying to keep our classes small for that reason all classes need to be pre-booked, which you can do by using our online system and paying for one class at the time. You can of course, at your own risk, just turn up but it’s possible we might not have space left to offer or the class may have been cancelled.
4) I have paid for my 4 class pass but cannot attend the class this week, will I lose my space?
We allowed a bit of room for life events so you could for example roll your 4 week pass classes twice (6 weeks validity) if you have no more roll overs left you need to attend a different class in this same week to save that class (subject to space availability). Keep in mind that for best results you need to attend your classes regularly, at least once per week.
5) I normally pay for my classes in 4 weekly passes but I am going on holiday, what should I do?
You have two options here: you can choose not to pay for this month and attend your classes on pay as you go basis, however you may lose your regular space in the class. Or you carry on paying your 4 weekly passes and make up additional classes in the weeks following your return from holiday.
6) I can no longer attend the class at my regular time, can I switch?
Yes you can, subject to available space in the new class you choose.
7) What if I want to attend more than one class per week on regular basis?
You’re welcome to join us for more than one class per week, inquire at the studio for relevant prices.
8) I dropped into the class but there was no one there.
Unfortunately, if you are not booked into the class we have no way of notifying you if the class was cancelled, our online booking facility allows you to book in 6 hours before mat classes and 12 hours before equipment classes.
9) Why does my regular matwork class gets cancelled from time to time?
We try to keep those situations to a minimum but KTPS is a teacher training studio and once in a while we hold an evening or daytime educational events/ workshops that require the use of our matwork studio. Alternative reason could be that in the absence of a regular teacher we were not able to find a suitable cover to take over the class in which case the class would also be cancelled.